Hello!!

We moved into The Lodge a year ago and have had many adventures since then!! I keep friends and family entertained with stories of semi rural life (lots of space, no neighbours and we don't have a Tesco on our doorstep!!) We share our home with 3 crazy cats (George, Henry and Gracie) and our hens (Ethel, Fluffy and Lulu). Our dream is to become as self sufficient as possible, save money and help the environment that little bit!! I hope that this blog entertains and inspires!!

Sunday 10 April 2011

Back to Reality!!

Another weekend at The Lodge over! It has been very productive none the less.
After I developed an irrational fear of the hens late last year (they were trying to land on my head honestly!!), it was left to Stu to see them through the winter!! He had his revenge though and the spring clean of the hen house was left to me, no amount of welly stomping was going to change his mind!! All that chicken poop will help with the composting though.
Most of the seeds have now been sown, I may have my first disaster! After listening to Monty Don for 5 minutes, Stu is now a gardening expert, advising me not to plant out my radish and spinach until the first proper leaves had appeared!! I am loath to say he may have been right, their not looking to happy in the planter!! You live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment